When I was a kid I used to love going to the amusement parks so I could ride the roller coasters. It was an awesome experience. It’s not so much fun when it comes to reading a blog though. I’m afraid that I’ve let this site become somewhat of a roller coaster ride lately. Some months I’ve flooded you with posts and other months I’ve barely written anything. Let me start off by saying, “I’m sorry.”
Some of you have been reading my blogs for a while now and know what’s been going on behind the scenes, but for those of you who only know about this site let me explain. This site was originally part of my personal blog, but I also wrote about general business topics along with social media and blogging.
It all got to be quite a mess, and I was pulled in two directions whenever it came time to write a post. I created this site in the fall, transferred over the relevant posts, and expanded the topics from Christian entrepreneurship to the categories you see today. This worked out well for this site, but my original blog was still suffering.
Last month, I launched a new site called Big Feet Marketing which helps individuals and small businesses on a shoestring budget enlarge their digital footprints using blogging and social media. Getting the site up and running took away from my time here at Marketplace Christianity.
Will You Help Me Smooth Out the Roller Coaster?
Sue Miley wrote a post last week on how we’re called to a different standard. She’s right. Of all the online activities I let slip through the cracks, this site should never be one of them. Our testimony in the marketplace needs to bring glory to God.
God reminded me of something while I was writing the next post for this site – it’s not my site, it’s His. He never intended me to do this on my own, but I forgot to invite people to help. Will you please help this site by …
- Praying for this site. Please ask God to use this site as an instrument to teach and encourage His people to bring glory to Him through how we earn and spend our money, and that we share His Word accurately and compassionately.
- Sharing your comments. The posts on this site are not meant to be sermons. The hope is that they will start a discussion where you add your comments based on the experiences from your own life or insights you’ve gained from Scripture.
- Writing a guest post. I write most of the posts on this site, but this was not my intention when I launched it. I would love to have regular contributors or someone who wants to write the occasional guest post.
- Telling others about this site. If you find the information on this site helpful, please don’t forget to tell others about it. If you’re on Facebook please like the fan page for this site and any posts that you find helpful. It just takes a click.
- Providing Feedback about the site. What do you love about this site? What do you not like? How often would you like to see posts? What types of posts would you like to see more or less of?
I will be publishing three posts per week for the next few months just to bring some consistency back to the blog. Regular posting days will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. As we add regular contributors, I will likely increase the frequency to five posts published Monday through Friday.
Photo Credit: iStockphoto/ArtBoyMB