God has blessed each of us with different skills, personality traits, and life experiences. These all combine to create a unique point of view that nobody else in the world can offer.
Isn’t it interesting that Jesus chose men from various walks of life to be His disciples? Perhaps, it was because He knew that His message needed to be told through various viewpoints to reach the widest possible audience? Take the Gospels for example. Each of them tell the story of Jesus’s life here on earth, but each author told it in a very different way.
What about your blog? Are you only providing your readers with a single point of view? Have you considered opening your blog up for others to come and share your topics through the lens God has given them?
I’m Interested in Guest Blogging for You
By now you’ve had the opportunity to read my posts to discover how my personal lens impacts the way I see the role faith plays in the marketplace.
If you think I might provide your readers with a valuable point of view on your topics, I’d be interested in writing a guest post for your blog.
Choosing Where to be a Guest Blogger
When I write a guest post I throw whatever influence I have behind the post to send readers to the site. This includes writing a teaser post on this site sending Google link juice to the post, and using my social media accounts to promote the post.
I’ve adopted these guidelines for choosing sites where I’ll post:
- The site must be established. Preferably your site will be at least 6 months old. You must have at least 20 posts that you have written on your site.
- The site must foster a sense of community. If you’re not responding to your reader’s comments or engaging them in social media don’t ask me to guest post.
- The site must have a professional layout. There are many free themes available, so there is no excuse to operate a website that is hard on the eyes.
- The site must not be overly promotional. If most of your site is advertisements, or your pages are filled with affiliate links, I’m not interested.
- I must know who you are. I want to write for people I know. Develop a rapport with me by commenting on my posts and engaging me on Twitter or Facebook.
- The site must be relevant to my topics. This one seems pretty straightforward, but if your blog is about poetry, mud wrestling, etc. it isn’t going to be a good fit for what I write about.
There are no Google PageRank, traffic ranking, or subscriber count requirements that many bloggers impose. I would love the benefits from guest posting on more popular sites, but it isn’t why I’m doing this.
Invite Me to Guest Post on Your Blog
If you’re interested in having me guest post on your blog, and your blog meets the guidelines above, just email me with INVITATION TO GUEST POST in the subject line. I would like to do five to eight guest posts per month.